Seawater Farm Manager ( Bantry Bay, Co. Cork)
Apply within: 09.06.2023
Come work with us! We are offering an exciting opportunity as Seawater Farm Manager in our Southwest Sites in Ireland. If you are looking for a rewarding career working with a team of people who pride themselves on driving change and are committed to making a difference, this could be the career move for you! This will be a permanent position based at our Seawater sites based in Bantry Bay, Co. Cork.
The successful candidate will be part of the local management team and report directly to the Southwest Operations Manager and will have the opportunity to progress within our Seawater department.
This post is offered on a full time, permanent basis. The preferred candidate will work a 39hr week, any 5 days out of 7.
If you have a passion for fish farming and you have excellent fish husbandry, people management and organisational skills, are ambitious and motivated and want to work with a likeminded team, then this is the role for you.
If you are an existing Mowi employee, then please use the global mobility programme/handbook for employees transferring from other Mowi business units, the handbooks covers accommodation, bonus program, pension and support for relocating partners too, contact your local HR contact for further information.
About the job
The farm manager’s role is a crucial part of the operations process and business and ensures that the best management of our salmon is undertaken. We need our managers to strive for continuous improvement and deliver on all aspects of farm work to keep the team on track and performing well. The job includes, but is not limited to:
- Accountability for the safe and successful operation of your farm.
- Effectively manage a production team.
- Responsible for all aspects of farm operations.
- Maintaining the highest standards in fish husbandry and welfare.
- Leading on feeding, control and inspection of fish.
- Maintaining reliable data records.
- Budget control and management.
- Developing innovative ideas to improve staff and stock performance.
- Control contractors working in own area.
- Ensure of adequate staff planning i.e. Work schedule and holidays.
- Assist will internal and external audits.
- Ensure all associated reports and paperwork are current and accurate.
- Third level Aquaculture qualification preferable, however other level 7 & 8 qualifications will be considered.
- Previous salmon farming experience is desirable.
- People management experience.
- Extensive fish husbandry, biology and welfare experience.
- Flexible approach to working to meet the demands of the job.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn and continually develop professionally.
- Respect for the need for safe working practices.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees across the organization in a team orientated environment.
What does Mowi offer?
- A competitive salary.
- Bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave per annum, increasing with length of service.
- 11 public holidays.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Healthy Lifestyle contribution to support an active lifestyle.
- Employee discounts at participating retailers.
- Annual medical.
- Training & Development opportunities.
Mowi is the world's leading seafood company and the largest producer of farm-raised salmon. Every day, our 12 000 employees in 25 countries produce 7.5 million healthy and delicious meals, served to customers across the globe. Mowi covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate, and through our vision of leading the “Blue Revolution” we are dedicated to farming the ocean in a responsible and efficient way. Mowi is headquartered in Bergen, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.