PatoGen would like to increase our offering to UK aquaculture companies, and we are searching for an experienced veterinarian to lead and manage this effort.
• Support aquaculture companies in their daily fish health work.
• Farm visits, audits and staff training
• Maintains farm level animal health by diagnosing, treating diseases and injuries and advising on prevention.
Veterinarian Qualifications / Skills:
• Registered (or eligible) RCVS veterinarian.
• Documented experience with operative salmon fish health.
• Established network in Scottish aquaculture.
• Good communication skills.
• Customer service focused.
• Bacteriology, parasitology and histological experience advantageous.
What we can offer:
- Support from world class colleagues in salmonid fish health.
- An open and trustful work environment focusing on improving fish health.
- Workplace in Oban, Scotland.
- A competitive salary and benefit package.
PatoGen is a leading supplier of information and expertise in the areas of fish diagnostics and
preventive fish health in Norway, Scotland, and other regions. Since the start in 2005, the company
has been a significant contributor to growth and development in the farming industry. Competence,
quality, customer focus and curiosity to develop the fish health area characterize the company. With
the vision "We inspire actions for healthier fish", we will continue to be a strong driving force for
farmers, fish health personnel and suppliers to the aquaculture industry to succeed in their biological goals.
PatoGen is owned by Fürst Medical Lab, which is the largest laboratory in the Nordics and a leader in human diagnostics and analyses.
PatoGen has about 65 employees, head office in Ålesund, and branches in Bodø, Oslo and Oban. PatoGen is accredited according to international standard ISO-17025